Lenovo Vibe Shot Z90a40 (modify existing rom?)

There’s already a rom released for the Lenovo Vibe Shot, but it does not install on my Z90a40. The install script does not detect it as a compatible device. Can someone modify this to install on Z90a40 please? Thank you.

I would appreciate it as well if someone can modify Vibe Shot Zoom Rom to install on z90a40. Directions on how to manually edit the Rom image would be very welcome.

Thanx in advance

Extract ZIP and go to “\META-INF\com\google\android”

edit file “updater-script”

on first line replace content with:

assert(getprop(“ro.product.device”) == “zoom_tdd” || getprop(“ro.build.product”) == “zoom_tdd” || getprop(“ro.product.device”) == “zoom_fdd” || getprop(“ro.build.product”) == “zoom_fdd” || getprop(“ro.product.device”) == “Z90a40” || getprop(“ro.build.product”) == “Z90a40” || abort("E3004: This package is for device: zoom_tdd,zoom_fdd,Z90a40; this device is " + getprop(“ro.product.device”) + “.”););

ZIP all files back and try flashing into Z90a40
Tested and working…

Hope this helps… Leave some feedback… Good luck… :slight_smile:

What is the preferred way to install mokee on Z90? i unlocked the bootloader and install TWRP as described here and here, i also updated teh device name in updater_script, but installation keep failing (i traced it down to mounting operation just before extracting the ROM into the system partition).
any idea?

I tried it again…
My quotes was replaced with different type of quotes in post/reply upper…
Open file in text editor and try to replace forum quotes with right type of double-quotes…

Leave feedback if it hepls

Hav the same problem as didon. Everything installed, but when installing MK71.2-zoom-180721-RELEASE.zip getting error: unable to mount /system (Invalid argument)