Greetings from Poland! I wanted to report an issue with Wi-Fi at 5GHz
> Bug description: Connectivity over Wi-Fi 5GHz “almost” doesn’t work, phone loses connection after few seconds
> Affected version: MK90.0-nx591j-210620-HISTORY and MK100.0-nx591j-220723-RELEASE
> Steps to replicate:
- connect to 5GHz capable Wi-Fi network (doesn’t matter, if it’s dual 2.4/5GHz or 5GHz only)
- try to use internet for few seconds (I recommend speedtest app, watch over 100Mb/s transfer for 1 second, then 0Mb/s and test crashes)
- congratulations, you just lost internet, at least till phone disconnects from Wi-Fi by itself or if you force reconnect manually
What I tried:
- Both MK90.0 and MK100.0 versions act the same.
- Issue exists from the beginning after clean flash via TWRP, as Wi-Fi 5GHz fails even at “first launch configuration”.
- Multiple different networks, even as hotspot from another Android phone.
- It’s definitely not “my certain” device issue, as was using LineageOS 14.1 port previously, and 5GHz Wi-Fi was working correctly.
- 2.4GHz doesn’t seem to be affected.
Thanks in advance for help!
By the way, I want also say thank you for awesome work and keeping this device alive!